P. (250) 365-2111
Phone Kamele www.kamele.ca
1695 Columbia Avenue
let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Kootenay
The perfect Valley fixer upper! Located near the R2T on a quiet side road in Appledale. This home sits on 2 acres with beautiful Valley views, great sun exposure and amazing water from Trozzo Creek. The home is a diamond in the rough. Simple yet promising 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom, with unfinished basement is waiting for your personal touch and creative vision. Call your agent for details and to schedule a viewing.
The property you've been looking for! This property is located right in the heart of Slocan City, a prime location just minutes from the beach with ample space for all your needs. The home features 4 bedrooms 2 baths, providing plenty of space for a family or guests. The open-concept living area is perfect for entertaining, and the large windows let in plenty of natural light, creating a warm and inviting spa...
A fantastic location in the hub of Slocan City! An old charming home that once was sits ready to be removed or restored. With two lots available, you have the flexibility to design your own custom build or build an investment property in this lakefront town. 5 Blocks to the lake, 2 blocks to the River, just around the corner from the Valhalla Park and endless backcountry. The Village of Slocan is a sweet spot...
Investment opportunity! This 20 year old home is ready for finishing and development. Located in a beautiful neighborhood close to schools and the downtown core. 2 bedroom, 1.5 baths on the main with a patio off the kitchen plus a full basement. The basement offers a separate entrance, 1 bedroom and a full bath ready to go with plumbing and electrical for additional development. Additional detached garage wit...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015