let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Kootenay
Welcome to Laketown living in the beautiful Slocan Valley, where this well-loved gem awaits you. Perched on a generous .57 acre double corner lot with surrounding mountain views, this charming 4 level split design offers all the space you need for comfortable living and entertaining. Step inside and be greeted by beautiful mountainviews from every window and an abundance of natural light that flows effortless...
Escape the hustle and bustle of city life with your very own private sanctuary. This custom rancher nestled along the picturesque Slocan River, offering breath-taking mountain views and total privacy that will take your breath away. With 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms spread over an expansive 6.2 acres, this is the perfect retreat to call home. Imagine waking up every morning to stunning panoramic views from your...
Attention all adventurous investors! Are you looking for that perfect investment opportunity? Imagine owning a slice of paradise, tucked away in a stunning lakefront town where endless recreation and adventure are just outside your doorstep. This mixed residential and commercial building is designed with storefront commercial space, and both long-term residential, and short-term vacationers in mind. With the ...
Escape the hustle and bustle of city life and immerse yourself in endless opportunities for recreation and adventure by investing in this hidden gem tucked away in a picturesque mountain lake town. This investment opportunity offers a mix of highly sought-after residential and commercial units, alongside luxurious AirBnB suites that cater perfectly to today's modern travelers. Experience stunning views of nat...
"Welcome to Frogs Vista, where nature meets contemporary living along the Slocan River. This fully landscaped 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom property boasts stunning rock work and multiple decks perfect for basking in the great outdoors with friends. Enjoy a refreshing swim in the river or spend the day floating while taking in breathtaking mountain views that surround you. Take advantage of the shared interest areas ...Listed by Coldwell Banker Rosling Real Estate (NELSON)
The property you've been looking for! This property is located right in the heart of Slocan City, a prime location just minutes from the beach with ample space for all your needs. The home features 4 bedrooms 2 baths, providing plenty of space for a family or guests. The open-concept living area is perfect for entertaining, and the large windows let in plenty of natural light, creating a warm and inviting spa...
A fantastic location in the hub of Slocan City! An old charming home that once was sits ready to be removed or restored. With two lots available, you have the flexibility to design your own custom build or build an investment property in this lakefront town. 5 Blocks to the lake, 2 blocks to the River, just around the corner from the Valhalla Park and endless backcountry. The Village of Slocan is a sweet spot...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015